Smooth, creamy and oh-so cheesy, this 6-ingredient simple “cheese” sauce is here to change your life. Gone forever are the days that plant-based foodies have to forgo one of life’s simplest pleasure…. CHEESE.
Featuring our Better Cheddar, this dish is also packed full of vitamins and minerals, making it a wholesome addition to any savoury meal or snack. We know you are going to want to dip, spread, dunk and bathe in this simple creamy “cheese” sauce.
VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE
MAKE TIME: 1HOUR 30 MINUTES
WHAT I NEED
- 1-cup raw or roasted cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder (for extra sharpness)
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt (more if desired)
- 4 tbsp Knowrish Well Better Cheddar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup plant based mylk
- Put Cashew nuts in a glass container and pour boiling water then cover. Leave to soak for at least an hour)
- Drain cashew nuts and put in a strong food processor.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend well
- If mixture is too thin keep blending but if mixture is too thick just add 2 or more tbsp. of mylk and 1 tbsp. oil
- Can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days in a tight lid container
- Can be use as dipping sauce for crackers and some veggies, or can also be used for cooking pasta and pizza topping