Dessert with a side of adaptogenic goodness? Don’t mind if we do! Featuring our Shroom Brew Super Latte these Warm Sticky Date Puddings are packed full of medicinal mushroom power and superfood ingredients like Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Panax Ginseng & Mucuna. That’s right, this pudding tastes so divine and is here to help you feel energized, calm and content all day long.
PREP + MAKE TIME: 1 hour 15 Minutes
WHAT I NEED
¾ cup soft pitted dates, chopped
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
3 tsp Knowrish Well Shroom Brew Super Latte powder
½ cup soft brown sugar
¼ tsp ginger powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 cup dairy-free mylk ( we used oat milk on our recipe)
½ cup nut butter
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup self-raising flour (GF)
For the sauce:
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup coconut cream (only the thickened part)
- 1 cup dairy-free mylk
- 5 big dates
- In a pot over medium heat, melt together the sugar, vanilla, coconut cream & oat milk with the chopped dates. Simmer till the dates are soft and the sauce thickens for at least 8-12 minutes.
- Leave to cool a little then blitz the sauce with a stick blender. Alternatively, transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend so dates get more pureed and thicken. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine the dates and oat milk in a pot over low-medium heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the dates are soft. Using a stick blender blitz until all dates have been pureed. Stir in the bicarb, and vanilla then set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the nut butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the date/oat milk mixture, and blend well.
- Evenly sift in the flour, salt, Shroom Brew Super Latte, and spices. Mix to make a wet dough and make sure no lumps of raw flour.
- Thoroughly grease 6 muffin molds and 1/2 fill with the dough mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the sponge is set and golden.
- Cool a little on a wire rack before removing the mould. Pierce with a fork and pour over sauce while both are still warm.