SAVOURY VEGGIE MINCE
A spin on a classic, this Savoury Veggie Mince is here to make all of your savoury dreams come true. Combining black beans, walnuts and mushrooms and seasoned with our Wild Fields Mushroom Broth and Better Cheddar, this dish is full of plant-based goodness, making it a healthy and satisfying meal that will please the entire family.
Vegan & gluten-free
Prep /Make Time: 50 MINUTES
Servings: 10 people
WHAT I NEED
400 g canned black beans, drained
½ cup walnuts
5 button mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium carrot, finely diced
1 cup hot Knowrish Well Field Fields Mushroom Broth (1 cup boiling water mixed with 1 tbsp Wild Fields Broth powder)
Sprinkle of corn starch
1 tbsp Knowrish Well Better Cheddar
½ teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and Black pepper to taste
½ cup frozen corn
½ cup frozen peas
Gluten free toasted sourdough
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup boiling water
- Add the black beans, walnuts and mushrooms to a food processor, and blend until a mince texture is formed. Don’t over blends
- In a large pan, heat oil and add onion, garlic and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, until the onions are translucent. Add in the blitzed bean mince and cook, stirring regularly, until the mixture is dark in colour and soft.
- Add the hot broth, tomato paste, Better Cheddar, dried thyme, and black pepper to taste. Mix until well combined. Sprinkle mixture with corn starch and stir until mixture thickens.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for another 5-10 mins, or until the carrots are soft.
- Add in the frozen veggies and combine. Cook for a few more minutes until the frozen veggies are hot.
- Serve over sourdough and enjoy!
If mixture is too thick, add in a splash of water, if too thin then add in more corn starch to thicken