We're huge fans of a good, chewy and moist cookie and this recipe definitely delivers while still being completely gluten free. As the weather starts to drop here in Australia, the maple bacon and pecan flavour combination is perfect for the season.
Recreate the recipe and be sure to tag us @KnowrishWell #KnowrishWell so we can see! xx the Knowrish Well team
MAPLE BACON PECAN COOKIES
GLUTEN FREE - VEGAN
MAKES: 15-25 cookies
PREP TIME: 20 min
BAKE TIME: 10-12 min
½ cup Vegan Butter
½ cup Maple Syrup
½ cup Coconut Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2¼ cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
¾ cup Pecans, Roasted and Chopped
¾ cup maple bacon coconut chips, and some extra for garnish
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Pinch of salt
Can (270ml) Coconut Milk, refrigerated at least 3 hours
½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
½ cup Icing Sugar
A Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C.
- In a bowl, cream softened vegan butter with coconut sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and maple syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Then add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until fully combined.
- Lastly, stir in coconut chips and pecans.
- Depending on the preferred size; scoop 1 to 2 tablespoons of dough at a time and form into a ball. Place on a lined baking tray and repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes depending on the size and thickness of your cookies. Keep your eyes on them from 8 minutes onwards.
- While the cookies are in the oven, prepare the icing by scooping out the top layer of solid coconut cream that forms when refrigerating a can of coconut milk. Place the coconut cream and all other icing ingredients in a bowl and whip with a hand mixer until fully combined.
- When cookies are done, let cool on a cooling rack and then top with coconut icing and maple bacon flavoured coconut chips.