Gummy Beauty Bears
Gummy bears are one of those sweets that carry the nostalgic factor for us - put a packet of gummy bears in front of us and we're instantly taken back to being kids eating them by the handful at the movies. The huge amounts of sugar along with gelatine (the ingredient that gives gummy bears their bouncy texture and is also derived from animal body parts) are the two BIG reasons we no longer buy gummy sweets, but that didn't stop us from making our own homemade vegan gummy bear recipe fam.
As soon as we got our silicone gummy moulds in the mail it was game time and did we go for just one type of vegan gummy, no, no, we went for two! WE CANNOT BE STOPPED!
This recipe might have minimal ingredients but it was seriously challenging getting it to the right consistency. Sometimes they were too soft or just wouldn't set at all, it was putting us in a real tizzy until we gave it one last attempt and then we didn't look back. Here's the real beauty of it though, these vegan gummy bears are really just masquerading as a sweet treat because every time you pop one of these into your mouth you'll also be getting a loving, delicious dose of glow thanks to the Knowrish Well Beauty Nectar™ inside!
Our Beauty Nectar™ powder elevates your natural glow thanks to its beautifying all natural plant based ingredients including Vitamin C for collagen boosting, antioxidants to help combat free radicals and plumpling Rice Bran Phyto-Ceramides. It's also what helps to give these vegan gummy Beauty Bears their luscious berry taste.
As you can see, we created two kinds: Juicy & 'Creamy'. The juicy ones are more the classic gummy bear taste and the 'creamy' kind are for those who love a milkier type gummy. We suggest you try both!
You'll need a gummy bear silicone mould for this recipe but you can go super cute and try any other shape. We found ours online which also came with a small dropper tool which will help you to neatly fill your moulds with the gummy mixture. You'll also need Agar which can be found in most health food shops, this ingredient acts as the gelatine replacement so your vegan gummy Beauty Bears have that bouncy texture still. We had amazing feedback for this recipe on our Instagram so when you make it IRL we wanna see it! Tag us @knowrishwell #KnowrishWell and make our eye balls happy! Can't wait for you to enjoy these Beauty Bears goddesses xx KW
GUMMY BEAUTY BEARS
VEGAN - GELATINE FREE - CRUELTY FREE
MAKES: 2-4 serves
MAKE TIME: 25 min
1 cup plain coconut juice
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp agar
1 ½ tsp Knowrish Well Beauty Nectar™
Smidgen citric acid
CREAMY KIND½ cup juice
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp Knowrish Well Beauty Nectar™
3- 4 tsp coconut cream
- In a small unheated saucepan, mix all dry ingredients together. Once mixed, add the coconut juice while stirring continuously until completely dissolved.
- Heat the saucepan on a low heat with the mixture and bring to a slight simmer or until it resembles a syrup consistency, but not paste. To not form lumps, whisk constantly. For creamy version add the cream into the mixture now and continue to whisk.
- Once you get the syrup texture, turn off heat (this will only take a few minutes). Keep the sauce pan on the stove to keep the texture warm, so that it doesn’t set or harden.
- Fill gummy moulds (while mixture is still warm) using the eyedropper tool and refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes or until firm
- Pop out of the mould and store in fridge until ready to eat. We stored ours in a glass air-tight jar. Enjoy any time you want some glow on the go!