It doesn’t get any cheddar than this Easy Peasy Cheesy Mac recipe. Super simple and packed full of vegan cheese flavour, thanks to our Better Cheddar, this simple dish is here to save you time in the kitchen. Simply boil your pasta, blend the cheesy sauce, combine, and bake in the oven for the grate-est plant-based mac and cheese of all time.
1 ½ cups raw cashews
2 cups water
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp garlic powder
1 ½ tsp salt
200g of your favourite vegan cheese
½ cup frozen peas
350g gluten free elbow pasta
1 ½ cups gluten free breadcrumbs
4 tbps vegan butter, melted
¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and and lightly oil a casserole dish
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 5-7 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta 1-2 minutes less than the packet instructions.
- To make cheese sauce- blend drained cashews, 2 cups fresh water, lemon juice and Better until smooth and well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, melted vegan butter, and spices until combined.
- Add drained pasta to the prepared casserole dish, and pour over the cheese sauce and sprinkle with vegan cheese. Stir to coat the pasta. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!