Rice, rice, baby! Get ready to experience a mouthwatering umami flavour explosion with this creamy and savoury Mushroom Risotto! Creamy mushroom goodness meets fresh herbs and tangy lemon juice to create a dish to remember. And the best part? This baby is completely vegan, gluten-free and packed with nourishment thanks to our Wild Fields Mushroom Broth.
4 tablespoons vegan butter
400g mixed mushrooms (torn or sliced depending on the variety)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp dried thyme
1 ½ cups arborio rice
7 cups of Knowrish Well Wild Fields Mushroom Broth (1 tablespoon of Wild Fields per cup of boiling water)
Salt and pepper to taste
For serving, optional:
- Melt half the vegan butter into a deep saucepan. Once melted and bubbly, add the mushrooms and cook until all of the mushrooms are soft. Once cooked, season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add in the garlic and dried thyme and cook until fragrant
- Add the arborio rice and cook until it toasts slightly
- Begin adding the Wild Fields broth in 1-cup increments, make sure to stir risotto frequently. Add more liquid only after the rice has absorbed all the liquid. You'll need 7-8 cups of broth in total and about 20-35 minutes of regular stirring. Turn off the heat once the risotto takes on a creamy texture and the rice has cooked through.
- Fold in the remaining butter and let the risotto rest for 5 minutes
- Once rested, stir in lemon juice and garnish with fresh parsley and cracked pepper. Enjoy!