Wild Fields Mushroom gravy
Drizzle, dunk and pour your way through the festive season with this Wild Fields Mushroom Gravy. The perfect accompaniment to any protein, mash or savoury classic, this gravy is here to take your Christmas spread to the next level all while supporting your immunity thanks to our Wild Fields Mushroom Broth.
VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE
MAKE TIME: 1 HOUR
WHAT I NEED
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp gluten-free plain flour
- ⅛ tsp sugar (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp Knowrish Well Wild Fields Mushroom Broth, dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp Oilve oil or 1 ½ tbsp Olive oil + ½ tbsp nut butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 1-2 tbsp GF Tamari soy sauce (depending on how salty you like it)
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat. Add the oil and when it starts to heat up put in onions and mushrooms. Stirring occasionally, cook until dry and softened
- Add garlic and thyme to the pan, stir, and cook for about 30 seconds. Evenly sprinkle flour into the pan, stir and cook for about 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Add the milk and broth, and stir to dissolve the flour. Return to a low simmer, and cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Add pepper to taste.
- Stir in the soy sauce, and reduce heat. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Use a stick blender to breakdown solids and give the gravy a smoother texture and tastier flavour
- Can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days in a tight lid container
- Can be used as a dipping sauce for crackers and some veggies i.e carrots & celery
- Can also be used for cooking pasta and pizza