WATERMELON TOFU FETA SALAD
It seems that the end-of-summer is upon us…but let's not be too hasty. Stretch the glory of summer with this refreshing Watermelon Tofu Feta Salad.
The base of this salad is Watermelon and Cucumber. Both ingredients are high in water content; helping you to not only stay hydrated but provide essential vitamins and nutrients to keep you on your A game.
Ahhh… but the star of this dish is the most delicious Better Cheddar tofu feta!
Tofu is a high-fiber protein source that keeps your colon healthy. Unlike other plant proteins, tofu contains all nine essential amino acids that your body can't make on its own. When marinated in oil, better cheddar, and some herbs, this dairy-free cheese alternative just explodes with flavour.
This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to spice up their next BBQ, picnic, or party. It's gluten-free, vegan, low-calorie, and low-carb by nature. It's a crowd-pleaser for sure!
DAIRY FREE - GLUTEN FREE
MAKE TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 6 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup baby rocket
- 1 small English cucumber, chopped or 5-6 mini cucumbers
- 8-10 Better Cheddar tofu feta cheese, cubed (please see recipe on how to make tofu feta cheese)
- a handful of chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- caramelized balsamic vinegar
- sea salt flakes and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Carefully put your cubed watermelon into a large serving bowl and add the rest of your ingredients.
2. Very gently toss to combine.
3. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
4. Sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper.
5. Taste test and adjust if desired.
6. Serve an enjoy!
- Watermelon is best refrigerated before cutting up or it gets mushy
- Adding avocado or blueberries are also options to add to this salad
- Use standard size cucumber if you don’t like the mini ones