You've got the cravings. We've got the treats. This Raw Mocha Slice recipe is the kind of magic you need on your Monday when you were wishing it was still Sunday. Trust us, it's going to bippity-boppity-blow you away.
MAGIC MOCHA RAW SLICE
GLUTEN FREE - VEGAN
MAKE TIME: 40 min (including soak time)
MAKES: 8 slices
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup medjool dates
1 tsp Himalayan salt
2 tbsp water
2 cups cashews (pre soaked for 20 mins in hot water)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup coconut cream (placed in the fridge over night)
CHOC TOP LAYER
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup raw cacao powder
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place base layer ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a crumb consistency is formed.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with cling wrap, then mould the crust ingredients into the pan, pressing to ensure it is evenly distributed.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, then blend the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Pour the filling ingredients on top of the base then freeze for 2 hours.
- Make the chocolate topping by mixing the ingredients together in a bowl until there is a smooth consistency. You may have to add more coconut oil or maple syrup if it is too thick.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the filling and freeze overnight.
- Lift the slice out of the cling wrap, cut into slices and serve.