Gluten Free Persian Love Cake
We're not sure how many recipes sound more enchanting than Persian Love Cake. Swoon! Floral, citrusy, and so easy to make, you'll be falling for this amazing cake recipe hard.
The almond meal which forms part of the base of this cake ensure an amazing dense textured cake. Persian cakes are traditionally flavoured with rosewater but we went a step further and added our Gypsy Rose Super Latte for its beautiful rosey taste and colour (not to mention its amazing nourishing superfoods).
Now, we know many of you who aren't Coeliac or used to gluten free food recoil at the idea of gluten free cakes, but toss your doubts to the side. This kind of cake is the perfect introduction to gluten free baking as the base isn't supposed to be light an spongey. It's supposed to gloriously dense and moist, ready to soak up the citrusy syrup and sweet glaze. Bonus points, this bad boy is also a super forgiving cake in that even if your cake top is wrinkly and uneven the glaze and dustings of toppings will still make your eyes wide, heart race, and slightly salivate.
But enough of the small talk, lets get you to this recipe! Don't forget to tag us #KnowrishWell @knowrishwell so we can see your lovely, delectable Persian Love Cake too!
PERSIAN LOVE CAKE
GLUTEN FREE - VEGAN
PREP + COOK TIME: 1 hr 10 min
2 cups gluten free flour
150g almond meal
200g coconut sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup coconut oil
300mL soy milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp Knowrish Well Gypsy Rose Latte
2 tbsp sugar
1 lemon, juiced
½ tbsp rose water
150g icing sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp water
handful dried rose petals
handful of pistachios, roughly chopped
½ tsp Knowrish Well Gypsy Rose Latte
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 9inch spring form cake tin with coconut oil.
- Place dry cake ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- In a jug, place the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients slowly, and stir well to combine.
- Pour batter into the cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Combine the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar melts.
- Poke holes in the cake and pour the syrup over top and allow the cake to completely cool before icing.
- To make the icing, mix ingredients altogether until you have a smooth and thick consistency. Spoon the icing over the cake then decorate with dried rose petals, pistachio pieces and dust with Gypsy Rose Super Latte.