Every time you sit down to eat, you are presented with an opportunity to nourish your body (and by all means you should take it). But sometimes, just sometimes, your soul needs feeding too. And what better way to do this than with the carb-licious godsend that is pasta. Especially when it proceeds the words creamy, mushroom and cheddar.
Now we may be biased, but this recipe is bomb. Like, really bomb. Like scraping-the-pan-and-wishing-you’d-made-more type bomb. And how could it not be when it’s strewn with shrooms, cheesed to the max (thanks to our very own Better Cheddar) and covered in the creamiest pumpkin sauce to ever grace your tastebuds. Just the thought of it makes us drool.
Slurp it, slop it, swirl it all around and whatever you do, don’t be afraid to go back for seconds (we certainly weren’t). This is the tummy hug you’ve desperately needed, and let’s be real, a belly full of pasta really can make things seem ok, even if just for a little.
So if you’re in desperate need of a pick-me-up to survive the working week, or perhaps you just fancy an impromptu pasta night (let’s be real, who doesn’t?), our Creamy Mushroom Cheddar Pasta is just the thing for you.
Go on, satiate ya soul with the comfiest of comfort foods and make sure to tag us @knowrishwell #KnowrishWell so we can see how you get on! Xx Knowrish Well
Hot, Steamy and Oh So Creamy Mushroom Cheddar Pasta
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 3 people
For the pasta
- 1 box GF Spaghetti (350g)
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 2 tbsp chopped sages leaves and thyme
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mix mushroom (shitake, brown button and oyster mushroom)
- 2 big cloves of garlic minced
- 4 tbsp Better Cheddar powder
- 1-2 tsp salt or as desired
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
For the sauce
- 1 cup white beans puree
- ½ cup (210g) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups almond milk
- Cook the pasta according to instructions. Drain and keep aside.
- Remove skin of pumpkin and cut into 2cm cubes. Boil water in a pot and add in the pumpkin. Cook until pumpkin is soft and mushy, drain and set aside. Drain the can of white beans and add into the pot with the cooked pumpkin. Add 1 cup of milk and mashed into a puree using a stick blender.
- In a large skillet, heat oil at medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and stir frequently till slightly golden. Once golden, combine mushrooms and herbs and slightly cook those in the skillet for a few minutes. Then add Better Cheddar and sauté for at least 1 minute.
- After the one minute, Add in the pumpkin puree. If too thick add another cup of milk slowly. Season with salt and pepper.
- To finish off, add cooked pasta and toss well. Cover and take off heat. Let sit for a few minutes and then serve.