There's nothing like treating to yourself to some warm, perfectly golden pancakes. Unfortunately, for those of us who try to limit our gluten intake or suffer from gluten intolerance, pancakes are a no-go zone. As you well know though, we're never one to back down from a challenge. A no-meat caesar salad? Tick. A fluffy, vegan chocolate mousse? You bet we nailed it. So when we were craving some vegan and gluten-free wholesome pancakes, we made 'em!
Super easy, pumpkin spice inspired pancakes using our very own Golden State Super Latte powder. We describe Golden State as a mix between a pumpkin pie and turmeric latte and adding a couple of teaspoons to our pancake mix gave it both a beautiful colour and incredible smell!
Of course we took 'treat yo'self' to the max and lovingly drowned our stack with pure Canadian maple syrup. Top your stack with fruit, seeds, or nuts (we chose fresh blueberries and pecan) and a sprinkle of Knowrish Well Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Chips.
If you make this gold stack then be sure to tag us @knowrishwell #knowrishwell cause we wanna see it!!
GOLDEN STATE PANCAKES
GLUTEN FREE - VEGAN
PREP + COOK TIME: 25 min
1 ¾ cup gluten free flour
2 tsp. Knowrish Well Golden State Super Latte powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 2 tbsp water, allow to set for 10 mins)
1 ¼ cup vanilla almond milk
½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
Knowrish Well Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Chips
- Whisk flour, Golden State Super Latte, baking powder and baking soda, salt and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Add in the chia eggs, almond milk and apple cider, mixing well to combine.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil on medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of the pancake batter onto the pan and cook both sides until golden.
- Serve topped with pure Canadian Maple syrup, Knowrish Well Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Chips, pecans or whatever fruits/nuts/seeds you have in your kitchen.