Elevate your snack game with these Cheesy Savoury Muffins! Packed with caramelised onions, italian herbs and of course our Better Cheddar, these plant-based beauties are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a mid-day snack.
WHAT I NEED
INGREDIENTS FOR ONIONS
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
⅛ teaspoon white sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
1- 2 tbsp Better Cheddar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup canned kernels, drained
1/4 cup chopped spring onion
1 ¼ cups plant-based milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and add onion. Add sugar, salt, and saute until the onion is cooked and caramelised.
- Add plant milk and apple cider vinegar to a bowl. Mix and set aside for a few minutes or until the milk curdles.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pepper, salt, Better Cheddar and Italian herbs.
- In another large bowl mix curdled milk and oil. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add caramelised onion, tomatoes, corn, and spring onion. Mix.
- Divide the batter into muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes or until they are cooked through
- Allow to cool then enjoy!