Dalgona coffee, or more simply whipped coffee, is a South Korean beverage that rose to fame during the COVID-19 pandemic. The appeal comes from the fact that it’s literally WHIPPED COFFEE. But more specifically, it’s a mix of instant coffee granules, sugar and water which is then whipped into oblivion, resulting in a dense, delectable foam that tastes like honeycomb toffee.
Now this may all be well and good for those who actually drink coffee, but what about for those that don’t? Not to worry, in this rendition we’re actually using our Mystic Matcha Super Latte for a gentler caffeine enhancement and an earthy, butterscotch flavour.
Dalgona Whipped Matcha
Makes : 4 serves
Time: 10 min total
- Liquid from 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon Mystic Matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 4 cups almond milk
- Add the chickpea liquid into a stand mixer (or bowl). Using the whisk attachment, beat the liquid until it forms stiff peaks. It should take about a minute or two.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Matcha, coconut sugar and boiling water to try and dissolve the sugar crystals as much as possible.
- Once dissolved, turn the mixer back on medium speed and slowly pour the Matcha-sugar mixture into the bowl. Beat together until everything is combined.
- Fill your glasses with ice and top each with 1 cup of almond milk. Top with the whipped Matcha, give it a quick stir and enjoy!
Whip up this viral sensation and be sure to tag us in your pics @KnowrishWell #KnowrishWell so we can show you some internet love. Knowrish Well Xx