If you go loco for cocoa, and love yourself a Shroom Brew or two, then you’re going to fall head over heals for our fudgylicious espresso inspired brownies. Indulge in the sweet while enjoying the more sophisticated element of ‘coffee’ for total melt-in-your-mouth mocha magic.
These delectable squares of gooey, gluten-free goodness feature a natural kick our from adaptogenic Shroom Brew blend, vegan chocolate chips scattered throughout and a little sprinkling of sea salt because yes we’re taking it there, boo. You’ll only have to wait 18-19 minutes while these babies to bake for a decadent treat that’s crisp on the top, soft on the inside and delicious all over. What else could you want from a brownie?
The whole neighbourhood will come knocking when they smell these bad boys so be prepared to ward off of the masses with a wooden spoon (after you lick it, of course).
And as always, be sure to tag us in your pics @KnowrishWell #KnowrishWell so we can feed our inner chocoholic through our screens. Xx Knowrish Well
- ¾ cups gluten free flour self rising
- 2 Tbs flour powder
- 4 Tbs cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Knowrish Well Shroom Brew (half cup boiling water with 1 tsp Shroom Brew)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, measure in the gluten free flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to distribute the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the chopped dark chocolate. Pour the hot shroom brew over the chocolate, leaving it to set for one minute. Whisk to incorporate and melt the chocolate, then add the vanilla extract, almond butter, and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- To the wet ingredients, add the dry ingredients. Whisk vigorously for one minute so no clumps remain. Set aside.
- Position the oven rack in the center and preheat to 180C. Use pan spray or melted coconut oil to lightly grease an 8 inch baking pan. Line pan with two crisscrossed pieces of parchment paper cut to size so that the paper lines the walls. Lightly spray or oil the surface and sides of the parchment. Set aside.
- Once the oven is preheated, mix the chocolate chips into the brownie batter - the batter will be very thick. Spoon the batter into the pan and spread it evenly in pan. The layer will be thin.
- For Fudgy Brownies: Bake the brownies for 18-19 minutes. The toothpick test for doneness wont work here since these are fudgy, chocolate chip brownies, but the center will be soft, and the edges firm. Remove from the oven and cool for one hour or longer before removing from the pan or cutting. The center will sink slightly. Resting the brownies for at least 8 hours improves their texture and ability to hold together. Remove the brownies from the pan like a cake by placing a small parchment lined sheet pan on top of the brownie pan then turning the brownies out. If the brownies don't fall on to the pan, flip them back over and use a small pairing knife to ease the corners and edges of the brownies. Repeat turning the brownies out. Lifting these fudgy brownies out of the pan with the parchment as handles wont work because the structure is too soft. Carefully flip the brownies back over, using the same method, so that the top is facing up. Now they're ready to cut and enjoy.