Most vegans will be familiar with the many monotonous questions people have regarding protein. As annoying as it can be, some of it rings true. Many people following a vegan diet are often lacking in the protein department. But that doesn’t mean you should revert back to eating animals to get the nutrients you need, you just need to incorporate more plant-based proteins into your diet! And one of the easiest ways to go about this is with protein bites!
Protein bites are a great snack to sustain you between meals and an easy way to up your daily protein intake. Our Blue Dream protein bites feature antioxidant-rich baobab powder, which provides a great source of vitamin C, along with white beans for plant-based protein and banana for sweetness. When combined with a dash of lemon and our enchanting Blue Dream blend, you'll forget how healthy these bites really are.
Keep these bite-sized baddies in the freezer and enjoy as needed to nourish your body and curb those sweet-tooth cravings.
Be sure to tag us in your protein bite pics so we can see how you get on @KnowrishWell #KnowrishWell! Feel free to get creative and use fun moulds to make your bites unique to you! Xx Knowrish Well
BLUE DREAM PROTEIN BITES
1 cup boiling water
1 Tbsp Blue Dream Latte Powder
¼ tsp lemon juice
½ can white beans
3 medium bananas (very ripe, chopped and frozen)
3 Tbsp Baobab powder
¼-½ cup plant-based milk (depending on how pourable it is)
½ Brewed Tea (recipe above)
- Chop and freeze 3 bananas night before or until frozen.
- Remove frozen bananas from freezer about 20 min before to let thaw out a little.
- Brew the butterfly pea tea (boil a cup of water and mix in Blue Dream Powder) and let cool.
- In a high-speed blender add the bananas, cooled tea and baobab.
- Rinse can of beans and add to banana, add in the milk but only enough to make the texture creamy and pourable.
- Taste test (if not sweet enough add in tablespoon of maple syrup).
- Pour into silicon trays and freeze for a few hours.