This could be our best tasting clean treat yet. We've called it. This raw vegan take on the classic Banoffee with a twist went down like hotcakes - except of course they weren't, they were better. Moth to a flame, when we walked out of the kitchen to offer them up to the rest of the team they were gone in minutes.
If you've ever had a Banoffee Pie then you'll have come to appreciate this amazing banana-caramel combination. Its sweet, amazingly decadent but somehow manages not to overwhelm with too much richness. To pay homage to one of our favourite desserts ever, we knew we had to create a gluten free, vegan version that anyone could happily sink their teeth in. The tarts are made up of three components: the Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Chips infused base, the caramel-coffee-ish velvety filling, and the toppings (fresh banana slices, pecans, and a little shaving of dark chocolate).
As we alluded to, this raw vegan Banoffee tart features the most smooth, luscious filling. Imagine a combination of dates, cashews, Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Chips, Shroom Brew Super Latte, almond milk and vanilla bean extract - it's an undeniably enticing mix. This recipe requires a little prep work so we've separated directions out in stages to make it easier to follow. We know you're going to absolutely love this clean treat! Be sure to tag us @Knowrishwell #KnowrishWell so we can see how you went!
BANOFFEE BREW TART
GLUTEN FREE - VEGAN - RAW
SERVES: 1 large tart or 4 mini tarts
MAKE TIME: 45 min (excluding soak/freeze time)
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 1/2 cups Knowrish Well Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Chips
1 ¼ cup pitted dates
1 tbsp rice malt syrup
2 tsp coconut oil
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup pecans
2 cups pitted dates
1 ½ cup raw cashew nuts
1 tsp Knowrish Well Shroom Brew Super Latte
¾ cup Knowrish Well Salted Caramel Coconut Chips
400ml almond milk
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 ¼ tsp corn starch
3 medium size bananas
Dark chocolate shavings
STAGE ONE (PREP)
- Place cashew nuts and dates from Filling ingredients in a bowl. Soak and cover with hot water and leave for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place all Crust ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. Press the crust mixture in an 18 cm tart tin or 4 mini tart tins and chill for an hour or more to set.
- Drain cashew nuts and dates (from Step 1) before putting in a food processor. Add the remaining filling ingredients and process until smooth.
STAGE TWO (ASSEMBLE)
- Spread the caramel filling on to the chilled crust and leave ½ cm from top of tin rim for the toppings. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Decorate your tart/s with fresh sliced banana, pecans, and dark chocolate shavings.
STAGE THREE (DEVOUR THEM!)